Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Emerald

Dress: Land's End (gift); Cardigan: Kate Spade;
Belt: Ann Taylor (gift); Tights: Hue; Boots: Nine West;
Earrings: Gorjana via Gilt Groupe; Ring: Hope Faith Miracles;
Bracelets: Ralph Lauren; Fossil; Silpada, My Mom's

It all started with this dress. It was my canvas. Because it's sleeveless, I knew I needed to layer. I started with a cream t-neck which just looked horrendous! The neckline of this dress does not lend itself to anything layered underneath. I tried jackets, long sweaters, think cardigans but none of them worked. Then I eyed this little cardigan at the last minute. Perfection! The length was perfect at the waist. I love the detail on the sleeve and the amber glass buttons. The belt just kind of happened. A birthday gift from my mom (and dad), it was the right shade of snakeskin. I love the mix of cream, chocolate and black.

I originally paired all of this with black tights and patent Mary Jane's, but the black was too heavy. I switched to chocolate brown tight and tall boots. Much better! Fashion for me is all trial and error. You sometimes have to try several things before you land on a look. I loved this whole ensemble!


It was another gloomy, rainy, fall day here in Kansas City so that meant another indoor photo session. Here's hoping that tomorrow brings sun. I've missed it!


Remember when I mentioned how I'm loving Atlantic-Pacific and how she wears layer upon layer of gold bracelets? Well, I attempted this trend but so didn't do it justice. It's a work in progress. Check her out here.



No comments: