Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Wednesday Wants: Rachel Zoe Fall 2016

As most of you know, I am a huge fan of Rachel Zoe. I've watched all of her reality shows and I wonder when and if Fashionably Late with Rachel Zoe will back on the air any time soon. I'm also a big fan of her apparel. I own several pieces (seen here/here/here) and would gladly add more to my closet. So when her fall 2016 presentation images were released, I immediately reviewed them and picked all of my favorites.

According to Rachel, this line is very different than anything she's done in the past. As she told InStyle, "The '60s and the '70s—it's my thing, and it's never going to change. Hopefully, people will always come to me for a great flared pant or a great jacket. But I also want to show what else I can do." This collection took inspiration from the 1930s and then traveled back to the 1990s.  "We have menswear tailoring with feminine silk slip dresses, pearl beaded sweaters, velvet pajamas, and super rich fabrics. This girl feels very expensive and glamorous without trying."

What I love about the collection is that there is definitely a nod to past designs with the faux fur, over-sized coats, and sleek blazers. What I especially love this go around is the white! I'm obsessed with all the white. I adore the dramatic look of the long top coat in a mix of black and white. It's definitely a statement making piece. I love the flirty white dress with shaggy black accents on the sleeve and hem. And the grayish metallic suit is fab! Simply put, this collection is gorg!


Now, what would I actually wear from the pieces I've chosen? I would have to say a lot of it. Sure, I'm a work from home mama who doesn't really get that dolled up anymore, but when I do, I would strut it in all of this! The long coat would be amazing with flared jeans. The shaggy black vest could be worn with pretty much anything. All of the white pieces could be mixed and matched with other pieces in my closet. And the suit? Well, I would just find a place to wear it!

One last look that really stood out to me is this.


Would I wear all the pieces together? Probably not. I mean, I'm not Rachel Zoe. But the coat is ridiculous. The cropped top would be flattering with black pants or paired over a black dress to give it a little something extra. The print is amazing. The colors are crazy. And it's signature RZ!

"I like to make clothes that people want to live in and dance in all night," she says. "I want to have fun with fashion." 

I would say everything about this fall collection is just that, fun!


All photos courtesy of Rachel Zoe. 

No comments: