Thursday, February 25, 2016

A Play on Camo

Jacket: Levi's (similar); Sweater: Loft (cute option); Cami: Loft (similar);
 Pants: J.Crew Factory (cute option); Sneakers: Converse; Jewelry: Stella & Dot

McKinley and I spent the entire day on Tuesday at Crown Center doing exactly what he wanted. In the words of my husband, we did everything in one day that most people in about a month. We went to the aquarium, Crayola Cafe for lunch, spent some time in the Animal Tails and Trails exhibit where he made some new friends, headed to Kaleidoscope for the first time, and then over to Union Station to spend time in the model train exhibit. By the time 3:00 rolled around, I was exhausted. And McKinley was too. He took a little backseat nap on the way home. I would definitely say a fun time was had by all!

I knew we would be indoors for most of the day, but would need to head outdoors to walk back and forth from the aquarium back to Crown Center. I wasn't expecting to do it twice! Instead of a heavy coat or sweater, I opted for layers. I haven't worn my camo sweater in about a year and decided it was time to bring it out again. It's a great light weight sweater that can be easily layered and a denim jacket was the perfect pairing piece. I thought olive green pants would be a fun play on the gray camo and sneakers were the best shoe option for a day of being on your feet!




The Sweater: Before and After

    

Can we just talk about this face for a minute? He melts my heart!




I am still tired and this outing was Tuesday afternoon! Here's hoping that the weekend brings a few naps and possibly later mornings! One can wish, right!

Can you tell that this mama is looking forward to the weekend?

No comments: