Thursday, December 10, 2015

Cocktail Confessions - White Chocolate Peppermint Coffee

 It appears that I've made several coffee cocktails lately, but if I'm being honest, it's because I need more coffee! When you're chasing a four year old who wakes up before the sun and never stops, even in his sleep, this mama is tired and needs a constant pick me up! And, from time to time, a little booze!

This one is pretty tasty. I mean, when you're working with a peppermint simple syrup, Peppermint Schnapps, and white chocolate liqueur, how could it not be good! 

Here's What You'll Need:
Coffee, Peppermint Schnapps, White Chocolate Liqueur, Peppermint Simple Syrup, Half & Half


Add coffee to an ice filled glass. And half & half, if you like that kind of thing.



To that, I added one shot of the white chocolate liqueur. So pretty! 


After that, I poured in a little peppermint simple syrup. I made my own and you can too. It's just a half cup of sugar, a half cup of water, and a half teaspoon of peppermint extract. You add all of that to a small saucepan and allow the sugar to dissolve in the water of medium low heat. Let it cool and store in the fridge in an air tight container. It will be great in your daily coffee and other recipes!


The iced version was great, but I was actually freezing, so I added it to my favorite my holiday mug and heated in the microwave! It's good cold and hot! Gotta love a double trouble cocktail!


After a sip or two is when I decided to add the Peppermint Schnapps. You have to taste your drinks to see what it's missing. In this case, the simple syrup was good, but it needed a little extra punch. Leave it out if you think yours is perfect!

This would be a great after dinner drink on Christmas Eve! Serve up a little decaf, or full on caffeine if you have a night ahead of you, and toast to family, friends, and the festive holiday season!

Cheers!

No comments: