Friday, October 30, 2015

The 70s Trend - Look Number Four

Today is the final look in my four part 70s styling series and I think I love it just as much as the first look. There is something about this blush top! And the shaggy vest. I would save the best for last, right? This look is completely on trend with the 70s fad for fall in that the key pieces are the flared leg jeans and textured vest. But it's still modern with the chic top and leopard print heels.

I kept the rest of the look simple. I really wanted the vest to speak for itself. A statement necklace and classic handbag is all the ensemble needed to feel complete. An easy look that anyone can wear. The top, vest, and jeans can all be purchased on The Bridge at Halls.

Vest: Blu Pepper; Top: 1. State; Jeans: Hudson


 

  

I don't mean to obsess, but I'm obsessed! Just look at the detail in this vest!



I have so enjoyed this styling series. Not only have I've loved talking about my favorite fashion era, but I've loved sharing styling tips with you. Just a few fashionable reminders. When wearing something as strong as the shaggy vest, keep the rest of the look fairly neutral. Prints should be minimal, like in look two. Jazz up a simple top like in looks one and four with fur or textures. And don't be afraid to play around with a piece like in look number three. A dress doesn't always have to be a dress. Wear over jeans for a tunic or tucked in to create a cute top. Fashion is all about taking risks at times.

Also, when I left Halls, I left with seven pieces. And with those seven pieces I gave you four looks. And I repeated several times. Two different vests appeared in two separate looks. Two pairs of denim in light and dark wash are key. The blush top was worn twice. You don't need an extensive wardrobe, only key pieces. And these seven items I would recommend for any woman's closet. And aside from the jeans, all the other pieces were under $100! Oh, and I have to mention, my favorite shaggy vest was under $50! Head to The Bridge at Halls and get shopping!

Happy Friday and an early Happy Halloween! 

All Photos Courtesy of Richard Lawson Photography 

No comments: