Monday, October 12, 2015

Frumpy Chic

Cardigan: My Dad's (cute option); Button Down: J.Crew Factory (similar/on sale);
 Jeans: Loft (similar); Flats: Jessica Simpson (cute pair); Handbag: Kooba (similar); 
Necklaces: The Zoe Report/Stella & Dot; Shades: Prada; 
Lip Color: MAC Ruby Woo

I'm calling this look Frumpy Chic and here's why. My son had just been diagnosed with strep throat the day before so we were spending the day at home. And what does one wear when home for the day, but you still have some things you need to do? You throw on two of your favorite denim pieces and add a little vintage cardigan that had once been your dad's!

Here's the scenario.... I hadn't showered for two days, my hair was going strong with dry shampoo, I didn't have on one once of makeup until I added lipstick for the photos, I had worked on my DIY aluminum cabinet that afternoon while my mom "entertained" McKinley who had been in timeout twice, and I was heading out for a little mama time right after we took these pics. Hence Frumpy Chic!

I have to admit, I love the look. I've always worried I couldn't pull off denim on denim, but when you add a neutral cardigan and leopard print flats, it's a piece of cake! And a little more chic than frumpy!

 



The Button Down: Before and After

  

Cardigan: My Dad's (cute option); Button Down: J.Crew Factory (similar/on sale);
 Jeans: Loft (similar); Flats: Jessica Simpson (cute pair); Handbag: Kooba (similar); 
Necklaces: The Zoe Report/Stella & Dot; Shades: Prada; 
Lip Color: MAC Ruby Woo

What else should one do to amp up their frumpy look? Add a bold red lip. The guy behind the MAC counter agreed with me when I stopped by to pick up my favorite eye paint. He knew instantly that I was sporting Ruby Woo and said no one can go wrong with a red lip! Even a mom who hadn't showered in two days. That's the power of Frumpy Chic!

And for the record, I showered twice yesterday!  

Happy Monday, Fashionista's!

No comments: