Thursday, October 15, 2015

Let's Go Royals

Top: Piperlime; Skirt: Piperlime; Heels: ShoeDazzle; Handbag: Vintage Gucci;
Necklace: Banana Republic; Bracelets: J.Crew/David Yurman (gifts);
 Lip Color: MAC Ruby Woo

What can I say about Monday? Well, I ran myself ragged all morning and afternoon with trips to the grocery store, drop off/pick up from school, and a trip to Costco. Then it was over to my mom's, with McKinley in tow of course, to watch the rest of the Royals Game Four of the playoffs. What a gut wrenching game! We pulled out the win with a huge comeback and I was a nervous wreck by the time the last out came around. God I love my Royals!!  

After that, it was quick change into something cute for a new endeavor. (More on that later.) I wanted to stay in my blues for my hometown team, but didn't want to wear my t-shirt and jeans combo that I had sported all day! Instead, I reached for my faux leather navy skirt, cute striped crop-top, and add yet another vintage Gucci bag to complete the look.

Styling Tip: I want to talk about navy. Navy is so hard to match! Unless it came together, don't try to match. Instead, go with something that has blue in it, like my top. White stripes help break up the navy on navy so you can't tell that they don't really match.




The Skirt: Before and After

   



Styling Tip Cont: And don't ever try to match your shoes. This grayish pair is perfect! Don't have gray? No worries. Pair the look with black.




If you're here in KC, and a loyal Royals fan, what have you been doing to combat the casual royal blue look? I've loved the challenge and so hope our boys keep the momentum going!

 Let's Go Royals!!

PS....We're moving on to the ALCS! I love my boys in blue!!

No comments: