Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Creating the Perfect Bar

As you all know, I purchased a vintage aluminum rolling cart at an estate sale several months ago and I've been working on updating it. I have a few last details to finish up and then I need to add all the bar essentials before sharing. In the meantime, I've created what I believe are the essential items all bars need to be a complete working bar. Now I'm girl who loves anything Mid-Century Modern, Art Deco, or 1950 in style, so the items I've chosen my not be your cup of tea. However, you can find them in all shapes, sizes, and eras to meet your own interior design.

I've teamed up with Chairish, an online retailer of all things interior, who asked me to create my perfect bar. And they are right up my alley in terms of design! I literally want everything on their site. If you haven't heard of them, you must check them out! I have a feeling your favorites list will be as lengthy as mine!

 Let me walk you through what I consider a complete bar. Everyone needs a bar cart, right? I adore this Mid-Century Mod version in gold. It's amazing! From there, I simply chose the items I use most when entertaining. You need a great pitcher, cocktail shaker, bar tools such as the ones below, and glasses. Tons of glasses! If you saw all the different types of glasses I've acquired over the years, you would definitely consider me a hoarder. But I love them and use them all! You need high balls, tumblers, wine glasses (stemmed and stemless), beer mugs, and the piece de resistance champagne flutes! And I always have darling cocktail napkins!


So now that you have your cart and all the essentials, it's time to dress the bar.  On the top, I would place the pitcher, crystal champagne flutes, the barware set, and cocktail napkins. This way it's not too full and you have a mix of colors, textures, and design. On the lower level, I would place the tray in the middle and the remaining glasses around and on it. Play around with heights. Maybe place the cocktail shaker in the middle and the glasses around that. Again, don't over-crowd the area. Make it aesthetically pleasing to the eye. You want your guests to be in awe of your bar!

And there you have it. My bar essentials and how I would dress my bar. I can't wait to do this in real life!! I have so many ideas and Chairish is definitely one of the first places I will go to fill them. 

What do you guys think? Am I missing anything? Would you go this route or with a different era? Please share! I want to hear all of your ideas.

Cheers!

No comments: