Thursday, October 29, 2015

The 70s Trend - Look Number Three

During the 70s, there was time that women wore incredible short dresses. Almost micro-mini dresses. And they wore them with knee high boots or longer. So when I found this darling dress I couldn't wait to style it. Suede was another popular fabric from the 70s, but it's definitely not wallet or kid friendly! What's awesome about this dress is that it's micro-suede! And short! Just like the ones from the 70s!

Because Christina's 5'8", and has super long legs, I decided to go the tunic route. I really like it! Sure, she could totally pull of the micro-mini with tights and heels for winter, but I love playing around with pieces. That's what styling is all about, right? Finding new ways to wear things. For the dress, the key piece in this look, I loved the idea of wearing it over the light washed jeans. It gives it a more casual feel. And the faux fur vest adds a little texture and depth. I paired it all with the leopard print heels, snake skin bag, a hat, and a couple of statement jewels for a little pop. (Again, all accessories, shoes, and jewelry are my own.)

Dress: Bishop + Young; Vest: Jack; Jeans: Citizens of Humanity
 


I love an exposed zipper! It brings a little edge to a piece. And a little extra detail!


 

 This look has such a cool vibe. Definitely something I would wear for a day of shopping or brunching with the girls. Again, I would love it with bare legs and a sleek heel for night or tights and booties for a fun winter look. With a dress like this, the options are endless.

All Photos Courtesy of Richard Lawson Photography

No comments: