Monday, August 3, 2015

Pretty Casual

Top: LC Lauren Conrad; Shorts: Rachel Zoe via Gilt (similar); Sandals: Tory Burch (similar);
Handbag: MbjMJ (similar); Shades: MbyMJ (similar); Bracelets: Gift/David Yurman; 
Lip Color: Revlon ColorBurst Lip Balm in Lovesick

A while ago, I mentioned to my mom that my summer wardrobe was lacking in casual pieces. Sure, I have some t-shirts and some shorts, but I didn't have a cute tops that went with shorts and jeans. I also didn't have any cotton dresses to just throw on and go. Yes, I'm a currently a stay-at-home mom that doesn't really dress up anymore, but that doesn't mean I don't want to look nice when heading to the zoo or the Deanna Rose Farmstead. At the heart of everything, I'm still a girl who likes pretty things and wants to look put together 95% of the time. Do I have days where I don't shower, yes! Are there days when put on something that isn't blog worthy, absolutely! I'm only human!

So on a trip to Kohl's to get a t-shirt for my dad, a super cool one I might add, she remembered that I mentioned my need/want for some cute summer pieces. She did a little shopping while there and boy did I luck out! Remember this dress? That's one of them. And this top is another. I love how feminine it is with the sweet neckline, bow-tie at the back, and delicate print. The perfect little top! I especially love it paired with super casual cut-offs. A pretty casual summer look!



I am not one to constantly wear my hair up, but this summer I've just been lazy! It has been super hot and it's just easy to throw up my hair straight out of the shower. One thing I like to do is add a little twist for volume. Then I just pile the rest in a ponytail and place bobby-pins to create a messy bun.


Cut-Offs Before and After:

    
 
 

Top: LC Lauren Conrad; Shorts: Rachel Zoe via Gilt (similar); Sandals: Tory Burch (similar);
Handbag: MbjMJ (similar); Shades: MbyMJ (similar); Bracelets: Gift/David Yurman; 
Lip Color: Revlon ColorBurst Lip Balm in Lovesick 
 It appears we are still in the throes of a hot summer. It's August, and in the upper 90s, which makes heading out doors a daunting task. But, now that I'm armed with some really cute pieces, I'm ready to face the heat in style! 

Here's hoping your Monday kicked off in style! 

No comments: