Tuesday, August 4, 2015

My DIY - The Bar Cart Continued....

 I've been working hard on the bar cart since coming back from vacation. When I last left you, I had removed the legs, removed as much of the rust as I could with steel wool, and painted them black. Since then, I've been busy on the shelves. It's really coming along.

Before I painted, I covered the handle with blue tape to keep it black and used fine steel wool on the shelves to remove more rust. There was a lot of rust on this cart. From there, I took Clorox wipes to clean off the steel wool remnants and to just clean the whole thing again before painting.
 

   

It was finally time to start painting! I covered everything as best I could with a drop cloth and used cardboard boxes for drying. I wanted to make sure the shelves didn't stick to the plastic while drying. Shelf number one.....


After two coats of paint on the top and bottom of each shelf, it was time to start putting this little guy back together. Thanks to my mom for coming to help! Without her, I would have never gotten it done. In all honesty, we could have used one more person to assist us, but with girl power we got it done! 

Presenting The Bar Cart.....




 
  

I have some touch up work to do and I still need to put the casters back on. I am in the process of cleaning those up and I might paint them black. I think it will really keep the whole thing sleek. I'm still thinking about how to mirror the back, but I've been told it doesn't really need it. I can't wait to put the finishing touches on this and get it all dressed up for the big reveal. 

What do you think of the progress so far? Is this something you would use in your home? Would it be an indoor or outdoor cart? I would love to hear your thoughts!

I'm currently looking for my next project. We are still working on the chair and getting closer to making the first cut! And I think I'm going to get started on painting my bedroom furniture. I really want to give our master bedroom an update. Can't wait for all these fall projects! 

No comments: