Monday, August 17, 2015

A Golden Look

 Dress: H&M (similar); Sandals: Rachel Zoe (similar here/here); Belt: Banana Republic (similar);
Shades: Karen Walker via Gilt; Necklace: The Zoe Report/Stella & Dot; 
Bracelets: Kendra Scott/Kate Spade; Fitbit Bracelet: Bezel and Bytes; Lip Color: NARS Heat Wave

Last summer I took McKinley around the Plaza and the Kauffman Gardens on what I called "The Fountain Tour." It was a way to get him out of the house, shed some energy, spend time together, and not spend a lot of money. I would pack a picnic and we would find a quiet place along the way to eat lunch. It was a special time for just the two of us and I loved showing him the history of our city.

Last week, we were at it again. I have decided to make The Fountain Tour a summer tradition and McKinley agrees. He even said we needed to go before the summer was over. I love that he remembers little times like this. Be still my heart! And because we were headed to the Plaza, and it was our day date, I wanted to dress up a little. This dress was the perfect choice. It was a warm morning and this piece was super breezy. The fabric is super light weight, and even though it's black, I never felt uncomfortably warm. You can't really wear heels comfortably while pushing a stroller, so I opted for my favorite sandal this summer. With all gold accents, I would say this is a golden look!



The Dress: Before and After

    

I added a huge pop of color with my lip! This NARS Heat Wave is the perfect why to infuse a bold statement!



 
Dress: H&M (similar); Sandals: Rachel Zoe (similar here/here); Belt: Banana Republic (similar);
Shades: Karen Walker via Gilt; Necklace: The Zoe Report/Stella & Dot; 
Bracelets: Kendra Scott/Kate Spade; Fitbit Bracelet: Bezel and Bytes; Lip Color: NARS Heat Wave

What I love about this dress, other than the fact it was under $10, is that it will transition easily into fall. Cute booties, a light weight sweater (or a chunky version later in winter), and a moto jacket will really help make this cool weather ready! I can't say I'm ready for fall though. I'm totally a summer girl!

Hope you're having a fashionable Monday!

No comments: