Thursday, August 6, 2015

Cocktail Confessions - A Cool Cali Sparkle

My girl Caitlin over at Sophisticaited recently introduced me to this little sparkle in a can. It's by Francis Ford Coppola Winery and it's called Sofia Mini. It's a mini sparkling wine in a can and it even comes with it's own tiny straw for sipping! It's the cutest little packaging I've seen in a while! 

The sparkling wine has notes of juicy pears, summer melon and honeysuckle and bubbles on your tongue with each sip. But because it's so sweet, it's really not something I can drink on it's own. I'm more of dry wine and champagne girl myself, but I didn't want to give up on this little can of bubble. I've been thinking about what pairs well with ingredients listed above and then I decided that I shouldn't try to mix. I should highlight it. What did I mix it with? Keep reading....

What You'll Need:
Vodka and Sofia Mini


 Because my shot glass is so little, I used two shots of vodka in this glass. Also, I didn't show a pour shot since I spilled it all over the place last week! After the vodka, add your Mini Sophia and fill to the top!


Check out those effervescent bubbles! Such a lovely sight!


And because there will be a little leftover in the can, go ahead and add that darling straw and sip away! No need to let it go to waste!


And there you have it! The Cool Cali Sparkle! It's really tasty and quite refreshing! 


Now, I know I said I wasn't going to mix it with anything other than vodka, but after a couple of sips, my mom and I agree that Citrus Vodka might add a little punch. 

If you haven't tried Mini Sophia, you need to. And you need to add it to a little vodka! Seriously! It's a new sip I can't wait to pour again!

Cheers!

No comments: