Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Picnic Check

 Top: Piperlime (fun option); Shorts: JCPenney (under $15); Shoes: Ralph Lauren
Handbag: Kate Spade (similar/under $50); Shades: MbyMJ; Necklaces: Stella & Dot
Bracelets: Kate Spade/Tulip (check store for avail)

Sunday was a Family Fun Day! The hubs and I took McKinley to an event called Touch a Truck where children of all ages could touch, climb on, climb in, and "drive" some of the industries largest trucks and equipment. McKinley was in absolute heaven! He drove a crane truck, Farmall tractor, tour bus, UPS truck, firetruck, and snow plow. It was one of the coolest things for kids that we've done in a long time! 

I was a little unsure of what to wear. I knew it wasn't going to be a dressy deal, but I'm one of those girls that doesn't really pay attention to things like that. I mean, I wasn't going to wear a cocktail dress, but I could have worn a cute summer dress. Instead, I decided on my favorite white shorts and this cute little top I've been wanting to style all summer. And as you can see, it's another crop top! I was a little leery of how cropped it appeared, but again, I wore high-waisted shorts that really helped balance the short top. I love this look!

 



 The Shorts: Before and After

  
 
I was really unsure of footwear! There was no way I was going to wear heels. They would have been too much! Then I remembered these cute whales! Perfection!


Top: Piperlime (fun option); Shorts: JCPenney (under $15); Shoes: Ralph Lauren
Handbag: Kate Spade (similar/under $50); Shades: MbyMJ; Necklaces: Stella & Dot
Bracelets: Kate Spade/Tulip (check store for avail)

With summer coming to a close, I'm so glad I was able to work this look into my rotation! It's bright, bold, and most importantly, styled appropriately for my age and body consciousness! I honestly want to wear it again soon! And this time with heels!

Have you tried the crop top trend yet? I shouldn't say trend, because it appears to be a style that's still going strong. I think I'm going need to find the perfect one for fall and soon. It will be here before you know it!

No comments: