Friday, August 21, 2015

Friday Beauty - Fall Makeup Transition

 Transition. It's a word we use in fashion when moving from summer to fall. When talking about transition, we generally talk about how to transition our wardrobe from one season to the other and how to utilize the contents in your closet to work both seasons to your advantage. Today, instead of talking about how to transition your wardrobe, I thought we would focus on how to transition your makeup.

For summer, I add brighter colors to my lips and nails. And, I go one step further and brighten up my eyes as well. I tend to go with pale purples, creams, and taupes so that my overall look is lighter. But when fall rolls around, it's out with the pinks and in with the reds and bourdeauxs.

So what should one do when it's mid August and your starting to mix olives and navys into your daily look? It's time to start wearing richer tones. You don't have to throw out the pinks or reds. Actually, one should NEVER throw out red. Instead, reach for a pink in a more raspberry tone and reds that move toward maroons. 

 Below are my picks from my own makeup bag! Take a peek.


Laura Geller Beauty Color Drenched Lip Gloss in Raspberry Roast/MAC Ruby Woo/
NARS Shanghai Express/MAC Kissable Lipcolor in Flaunting


ail color is another great way to transition your makeup. My favorite fall color, although I do wear it all year round, is OPI's "You Don't Know Jaques". But I also love dark reds and black!
 Essie "Flowerista"/OPI "You Don't Know Jaques"/Chanel "Black Satin"/OPI "Mat-adore Red"/
Essie "Shearling Darling"

 Lastly, it's all about the eyes! I love dark browns and olive tones. Mixed with black liner and several coats of mascara, all eyes will be on you! 


 Laura Geller Beauty Creme Glaze Trio in Golden Set/Chanel Les 4 Ombres Tentation Cuivree/
MAC 6 Devil May Dare Warm Eye Shadows


What is your favorite way to transition your beauty from summer to fall? Do you go with richer colors in deep shades or do you continue to use brights all year long? Let's discuss!

Happy Friday, Beauties!

No comments: