Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Wednesday Wants: Confessions of a Bedroom Update

I am obsessed with home remodeling and interior design. I have no formal background in either, but I love to pretend I know what I'm talking about! Confession: I really don't have a clue what I'm talking about! We have a relatively small home. A sweet home, but a small home. There's not a lot of room to move furniture around. Confession: There isn't any room to move anything around, so I spend my time updating with paint, accents pillows, throw rugs, bedding, lamps, and other room decor. 

As of late, I'm ready to change out some things in our bedroom. A couple of years ago I changed out bedding, adding new lamps, and curtains. I had aspirations of painting my walls gray, but never got around to it. However, my mom recently showed me a magazine pic of a gorgeous blue bedroom and I can't get the idea out of mind! The blue I found is New York State of Mind by Benjamin Moore and couldn't be more appropriate! Painting is super time consuming, but not difficult, and finding the time to do it is something I can't seem to do. But I'm dreaming of a blue bedroom and I've put together a little collage of all the things I would love to add to our room if I ever get around to a remodel.

This is our room currently. I love the bedding! But I just think it's time for a little upgrade to the rest of the room.



I love Mid Century Modern designs and the bedroom suit I found online is very similar to something I would love to own. I would definitely give it a facelift. New paint and knobs would do the trick. It doesn't have a mirror with the dresser so I would just add my own. A tufted headboard seems so chic and a little opulent, but I would feel like a queen getting in bed at night! Confession: I would love to DIY my own! I would add an area rug under the bed for more warmth and texture and a monogram throw would add another dimension to the bedding. A few little accent pieces here and there would complete the room. Check out my picks.



What do you think? Anything you love? Hate? Would pick for your own room? 

What do you do to try and make subtle updates to your home? I would love to hear your confessions!



No comments: