Friday, May 22, 2015

A Few Things....

It's been cold and rainy here this week and I'm completely uninspired in the outfit department. I've had on some really cute looks, but at the end of the day, I just don't feel like taking photos. Maybe next week I'll repeat a few of them and possibly post. We shall see.

It's Friday, the kick off to a three day weekend, and we are on vacation! And instead of bringing you a Friday Beauty post, I'm just going to talk about a few of the things I'm really into these days. The first kind of has a little to do with beauty, but doesn't involve cosmetics. I'm really into Green Smoothies! I recently watched an episode of Haylie Duff's Real Girl Kitchen on the Cooking Channel and she made a green smoothie for her girlfriends as a detox from all the bad food she had recently consumed. Who doesn't need that from time to time, right? And it sounded really good! Romaine lettuce, spinach, parsley, cucumbers, green apples, bananas, and water. So I tried it and I liked it. It was a little on the salad side of taste, but I was willing to over look it for the nutrients it provided. Since then, I've modified the recipe and made it more my own flare. I'm using spinach, frozen pineapple, frozen mangos, cucumber, agave, almond milk, and ice. So good! And so good for you. I know it's working because my face (and my mom's) has been breaking out here and there. According to nutritional experts, that's all part of the detoxification. And, I've lost a few pounds here and there. All and all, a good thing in my life right now!



I'm not normally a wine drinker, I'm really more of a beer girl, but I'm really enjoying a glass with my mom on most afternoons. We drink out of tiny juice glasses around 3:00 in the afternoon and it's a simple little pleasure we've grown to enjoy. And I'm not all the picky about my wine. I do prefer a Pino Grigio, but price and reputation don't mean a thing. Lately, I've been picking my bottles soley off the label and they've been pretty good. I'm loving the Wine Sisterhood brand, especially Middle Sister! If you haven't checked them out, do. They're labels for each bottle is as cute as the next. The other one I recenlty tried is by Chloe Wine Company. The little black bow was the selling point for me. And all under $12!



Lastly, I am totally and completely into redesign and DIY projects! Just recently I purchased a vintage chair at an estate sale and I can't wait to start work on it. I've sanded it down and started taking off all the old fabric. Next steps are to paint it black and reupholster it! The fabric is gorgeous and will complement my living room. I'm also going to repaint the furniture in our bedroom this summer. It's a big task that I can't wait to tackle and share with you! 



What are the things you are into these days? I would love to hear about your passions. There are so many things I have on my list to share! And so many projects to start! Here's to finding the time and drinking cute labeled wine while doing so!!

Hope you all have a great weekend!! 

No comments: