Monday, December 29, 2014

All That Glitters

Jumpsuit borrowed from Alicia Janesko. All other pieces my own.

During KCFW this fall, an amazing sequin jumpsuit walked the runway show of Alicia Janesko and I immediately fell in love! This piece was reminiscent of Studio 54, an era of fashion I adore, and I thought of all the amazing places I could wear this incredible creation. On a whim, I reached out to Alicia regarding the jumpsuit and if I might be able to borrow it for a blog post. Much to surprise, she said yes! The minute I brought it home, I started working on styling it in various ways. I wanted to show you guys how one piece can be worn in various ways all allowing for casual and dressy occasions. 

But before I get to the styling, I want to talk a little about Alicia and her company. Alica began her caftan line with the intent to provide women with custom pieces. She wanted us to move beyond the typical poolside cover-up's and casual resort pieces. She designs her pieces to move from day to night, something we all need when traveling, and each move with the curve of your body. Since they are custom made, they are designed specifically to your body type, and each are made of luxurious fabrics and hand detailing. Having seen many of Alicia's pieces for the spring 2015 line, I can tell you they are impeccably made and incredibly chic!


Now about the styling! I've been on the hunt for a pair of sequin pants. I love the idea of such a luxe fabric in the form of pants versus the standard dress or skirt version we often see. Pants can be dressed up or down and that's their biggest appeal for me. Upon styling the jumpsuit, I gravitated toward making them pants. I have to say, I love how this turned out! A simple cashmere t-neck, a chain belt worn low on the waist, and gold accessories make this a perfect look for a night out! I would so wear this to dinner or a cocktail party.
 

 


I love the neckline. Alicia's attention to detail is so evident in the instant necklace like halter. It's made of heavy brass and hugs the neck which allows for the drapey bodice. 


For a more evening approach, I added a little faux fur. I love the contrast of the dark black against the shiny bright sequins. Plus, if you are a little hesitant to show so much skin, the jacket allows for coverage. However, it's stunning without and truly makes a statement! 



 
I am so honored that Alicia allowed me to borrow such an exquisite piece from her collection. I felt so chic and quite haute couture. I hated to see it go back, I would love to wear this again, but C'est la vie. I have another little something up my sleeve and I can't wait to share it with you soon!

Interested in chatting with Alicia regarding pieces in her current collection or in working with her to create a custom piece? You can contact her here. And if you do, I want to hear all the details!

Happy Monday, Fashionista's!

Photos Courtesy of Richard Lawson.

2 comments:

bedlambrides said...

OMG!!!! I LOVE that you got to wear this jumpsuit!!! Isn't a dream to finally wear something you've been coveting for a long time. You look absolutely gorgeous!!
xo,
Cait
www.sophisticaited.com

Katie said...

Gorgeous!!