Tuesday, December 30, 2014

The Coat Alternative

 Sweater: Anthropologie (similar); T-Neck: J.Crew (similar); Jeans: Loft (similar); 
Boots: Steven by Steve Madden (love this pair); Handbag: Pour La Victoire (similar); 
Hat: ? (fun options) Necklace: Target (similar); Gloves: Target

As I've gotten older, I become increasingly aware of how much I'm becoming my mother. It's not just in things I say but my approach to style. She hates wearing a coat. Period! It doesn't matter how cold it is, she refuses to wear a coat. And though I have a closet full of coats, coats I love, I have to admit I hate wearing one! Con, they're bulky. Pro, they're great for keeping you warm. Con, they're a pain when inside stores or restaurants. I would rather freeze for a couple of minutes while walking to the door than to have to deal with the coat once inside. Now, if I'm walking outdoors, or playing in the snow with my son, a coat is perfectly acceptable. Necessary. But just for a few minutes, a serious pain! 

Instead of a coat, I've been opting for a sweater coat. You know, a sweater that's relatively thick, long, wards off the chill, and looks so much more chic! I had all but forgotten about this sweater. It's been since 2011 that I've worn it! And apparently I love to wear versions of teal when I style it! (See before and after.) But I still love it after all these years and will definitely keep it toward the top of the sweater box for future cold days!



The Sweater: Before and After

http://akstylemyway.blogspot.com/2012/12/actually.html

 


No comments: