Friday, December 19, 2014

A Holiday Program - Festive Wear

Jacket: Pendleton (gift/similar); T-Neck: French Connection (similar); Jeans: Loft;
Boots: Sole Society (similar); Necklaces: Talbots/J.Crew (similar); Bracelets: J.Crew;
Ring: Etiquette Boutique

Yesterday we attended McKinley's first holiday program and I couldn't help but beam with pride! The whole school sang a mix of Christmas carols and Hanukkah songs and they sang with gusto! McKinley was so attentive, an active participant, and according to another mom, he knew every word. Being an active theater participant myself, I could be a stage mom in the works!  

 Because it was a holiday program, I wanted to look festive without looking Christmasy. I wanted to be chic without trying too hard. I originally thought of wearing red, but thought that seemed to obvious. Instead, I went with this deep green jacket. Skinny jeans, tall boots (it snowed overnight), and a fun statement necklace are my definite go-to's these days when wanting to look a little more pulled together.




 
 

Between the children's chorus of carols, and this amazing green jacket, I was totally in the Christmas spirit! This time of year can leave us frazzled and that 30 minutes was all I needed to help calm my nerves!

What do you do take your look up a notch during the holiday season? Do you go subtle or all out in color? I can't believe this is our last weekend before the big day. Take a deep breath, let it out, and get a little dolled up!

Happy Friday, Fashionista's!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Lookin' gorgeous in green! I hope you have a wonderful weekend :)