Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Twice as Nice

Top: LOFT (similar); Shorts: Ann Taylor (fun version); 
Shoes: Kate Spade (cute version on sale); Bracelets: Kate Spade

Ever loved a look so much that you wore twice within the same week? That's what I did with this exact look. Wearing exactly this, I attended the Bloom launch at Tulip Boutique on the Plaza last week and McKinley's Back to School night last night. You gotta love an outfit that will take you from a cocktail party to a preschool classroom!

I don't wear these shorts very often because they are so memorable. When I say memorable, I mean I find them a challenge to style, so when you do see me wear them, you may remember them from the last time. What I like about this particular styling is that the uber feminine top keeps the shorts grounded. When I wore them before, the t-neck shell made them feel too heavy.

Styling Tip: When wearing shorter length shorts, keep your top on the modest side. Show only one body part at a time. And, try to wear heels when possible. They give the illusion of longer legs, especially a nude pair!




The Shorts: Before and After


   Which styling version do you like better? The before or now?

Hope you're having a stylish week!
XOXO

1 comment:

Jana Style Blog said...

Those shorts are super cute!!! I love the way you styled them with the collared top and those shoes are so sassy! Great look and also great tips for styling :)

Xo Jana
www.janastyleblog.com