Tuesday, August 5, 2014

"I Drove Out to the County Fair"

Top: Tulip (check the store); Shorts: LOFT (fun option); Belt: Target (similar);
 Sandals: Seychelles (similar); Shades: ULTA; Hat: Arden B; Earrings: BaublesbyAndrea via Etsy

Last weekend was the Johnson County Fair and it's one of my favorite things to attend in the summer. I've always been a fair kind of girl. It all started with parking lot carnivals as a child and my love of rides has been solid ever since. And fairs are the best summer festivity of them all! One of my early dates with the hubs was at the JoCo Fair fourteen years ago. It's only right that we continue the tradition with our son!

And because we were at the fair, and next to the largest piece of farming equipment I've ever seen, it was only appropriate to snap some blog photos! I love this little top that I picked up at Tulip last month. It's a "crop top" without being a super short version. Another way to wear the trend without feeling like you're showing tons of skin. (Remember this top styling?) I added some color with these little, green, print shorts and neon yellow belt. It didn't hurt that the John Deere was green and yellow....



 


What do you think of this version of the crop top? Something you would think of wearing? Or is it still too much skin for your liking? Let's discuss!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

GO girl!! This crop top is fab on you! I love the way you styled it! I haven't be brave enough to try this style yet! But I feel like i could totally do this one!

xo,
cait

gussied-up.blogspot.com