Monday, December 17, 2012

Homemade Gift Giving

As I've checked off the applebutter and bread from my bucket list, I had always planned to give them as gifts for the holidays. We can't possibly eat 15 jars of applebutter, right? Well, on second thought....

I wanted to show you a simple but sweet way of giving your homemade gifts. As always, a personal touch makes the gift. All of these items were purchased at Michael's, a place where I could spend all of my time and money! I love craft stores!

What You'll Need:

I created a template to cut circles from red fabric using pinking shears instead of plain scissors.

 
How sweet is this holiday ribbon from the Martha Stewart Craft collection?


I placed the red rounds on top of the jar and tied the holiday ribbon just below the neck. So cute!


I love a good, sturdy basket. I lined each basket with fabric in fun holiday prints. I folded each piece into a triangle, folded each corner of the triangle into itself and placed inside the basket. Continue to play with the fabric to find the right placement. 

 

 
Here they are! The jars of applebutter and baskets ready for filling. All they need is the bread.


This was the finished product! Make sure you place the bread in a clear wrap so the receiver knows what's inside! 

 

There are so many other things that you can do as well. In the past, I've made sweet bread and placed them on chargers that I stenciled with holiday designs. I sealed the stencil with a clear sealant that was food safe. Place your goodies on the plate and wrap in clear cellophane and tie with wired holiday ribbon.

Happy Holiday!!!

No comments: