Thursday, December 13, 2012

Here's What's Been Baking....

 I've been baking up a storm over the past couple of weeks and having fun doing it! And it really has helped put me in the holiday spirit. That, and the fact that I watch Christmas movies in the kitchen while baking. So far I've watched When Harry Met Sally..., The Holiday and Serendipity. To me, they have Christmas scenes in them so therefore are considered, in fact, Christmas movies.

The first cupcake is a chocolate fudge, peppermint cupcake with peppermint buttercream. I drizzled each cupcake with melted chocolate and topped them with a peppermint Hershey's Kiss. After further testing, I have decided that instead of making the cupcake peppermint, I will add a chocolate, peppermint ganache to the center.

 





These are the gingerbread cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. I can't take any credit for this recipe as Mr. Bobby Flay was the creator. AMAZING!! And hands down the winner.



I toyed with what to top the cupcakes with but decided to go with sprinkles. Who doesn't love sprinkles and they are Christmas colors too!



This is what I've been baking up in my kitchen. How about you? Any good holiday recipes you want to share?

No comments: