Tuesday, December 4, 2012

A Wonderful Weekend

 This past weekend was simply wonderful! Saturday morning was spent with early morning snuggles with my two guys. I love those kinds of mornings. Then, it was off to the kitchen for some holiday baking. I have really enjoyed experimenting in the kitchen and I have some ideas for cupcakes through out the month. On this particular Saturday, we made peppermint, chocolate fudge cupcakes. I also whipped up peppermint buttercream frosting. Blog post and photos to come!

I had an amazing little helper with me in the kitchen. He immediately grabbed some cupcake papers and started lining the tins. So smart this one! I knew it was time to give him some of his own kitchen essentials. He was armed with a six cup tin, bowl, spoon and liners. Just look at him working his magic!


This was prior to his own tin. I love that he wants to help!


There are moments where he is so gentle. Those moments are few and far between!

 

The rest of our Saturday was spent playing, napping, eating and prepping for our photo session with Santa! He didn't love Santa like we thought he would. I mean, Granddaddy sports a white beard as well. No dice! Instead, it was photos of McKinley with Santa in the background. Best quote of the night was when Joel ended up in an early photo with Santa and McKinley. "This is my first photo with Santa." I so wish we had a copy of that one!

Sunday was gorgeous for the second day of December. Highs in the upper 60s so we took a trip to the zoo. We figured this was probably the last day we could do this for a while so we had to take advantage. And we were right! The animals were out in full force. Some which we have actually never seen. McKinley laughed at the chimps, showing us how high in the trees they were, thought the lion was equally funny and kicked back at one point to eat his cookie while checking out the rhino.


See, what I mean....totally kicked back!


He absolutely loves to ride the carousel! Thank goodness the mall has so we can frequent it this winter. He calls all the animals "bow-wows" and has a full face smile the entire ride. When the ride ends, boy are those tears something awful!


Just a couple of my favorite photos of us!


This face gets me every time. When I look at him, I find that my eyes well with tears. He is such a light in our lives and weekends like this make my life so full. I say it all the time, but I am so lucky that he chose us!


That was our weekend in a nutshell. Let the week fly by so we can get to the next! Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

Ragan said...

what a precious little guy! I just found your blog through Kendi Everyday and I love it! you have great style :)