Thursday, December 20, 2012

Winter Storm Apparel


 

The day before the world is supposed to come to an end just happens to be our first official snow day. Coincidence? I'm sure some think not! I, however, don't believe it! I mean, really. There is no way the world is ending tomorrow. I still need to wrap all my Christmas gifts and have two more holiday parties to attend. Not to mention a New Year's Eve dinner that will include one amazing tulle skirt from ASOS

It isn't hard to crack the code on what I wear on a snow day. If you guessed turtleneck, blanket sweater and tall boots, you guessed correctly! Add a cute hat and fun gloves and you are ready to tackle the elements. And when I say tackle, I mean call your dad to pick you and your son up because you refuse to drive!

I put together what I think is the perfect go-to look on a day like today. Start with a warm, comfy sweater. This one from Anthropologie can be worn so many different way. A major element I look for when purchasing sweaters! Add a t-neck and denim shirt for layers and texture. The ribbed one from Target is great for wearing alone or with a fun scarf. And the denim shirt from J.Crew is a staple piece for any closet. I am a huge fan of colored jeans and this emerald green pair from LOFT is a great neutral. Lastly, add tall boots, like these from Piperlime, to help shield your feet and legs from wind and snow.


 
 
 

 
  
You need a hat and gloves this time of year! I love the jade green and design of these from Target is so fun. I own entirely too many hats and gloves but I wear them all! 


   
If you are out and about, what did you wear today? Whatever it is, I hope you're warm and cozy!

No comments: