Wednesday, May 30, 2012

30 Summer Essentials from Refinery 29 - Part Two

So, yesterday we left off with the number 15 Summer Essential, the French Bateau Top. Let's see how we fare with the remaining fifteen!

16) The Army Jacket
I've had this one covered for two seasons now. I love my Army jacket from Banana. Super versatile and not just for summer! (And I spy #21 in the photo on the right!)


 17) Flat Neutral Sandals
As I mentioned yesterday, I don't own a lot of flats. However, I do have a that flat sandals covered. I've had this pair for a couple of seasons and don't plan to part with them anytime soon. Great for all looks!


18) The Casual Trouser
My assumption is that this trouser isn't made of wool or paired with a suit. A cropped version in cotton, or some sort of blend, that is a little slouchy in design could work. I'm thinking my hot pink H&M pants fit the bill.

 
19) Party Top
Who doesn't love to party? Although, I didn't know I needed a top to do so. Something that dons sequins, a fun print, is of drapey fabric and isn't suitable for the office will do.

20) Club Master Style Sunglasses
This one has thrown me for a loop. Based on the photos, I'm thinking my retro Ray-Bans will do. You know, the ones everyone wore in the mid 90s? And yes, I still have mine!


 21) Relaxed Fit Jeans
I've been talking up these jeans for several seasons now and so glad to see they still made the list! I live in mine. Weekends were made for these! And, sometimes a Casual Friday when paired with a nicer top and chunky shoes! (And I spy #2 in the photo on the right!)


22) Sophisticated Friendship Bracelet
I've purchased these as gifts, but I don't actually own one myself. However, my mom still has all the ones I made her in grade school.

23) Day to Night Platforms
I'm pretty sure I've got this covered as well. You've seen my shoe collection,  right?

24) Classic Brown Belt
I have several, but the best one I own  is from Target. And, I just wore it over the weekend with cropped, relaxed khaki's, a Bateau top and Flat Neutral sandals. Wow, three essentials in one outfit!

25) Panama Hat
I don't actually own a Panama hat, but I do own plenty of other styles. Probably won't make the list.

26) Big Earrings
Again, I've got this covered. I have a fav pair from Banana Republic that I bought ages ago. A crystal chandelier earring that I've worn with pretty much everything!

27) White Sneakers
I own several different versions and wore my Converse tennies while in Chicago. I don't think the white sneaker will ever go out of style. I mean, how long have they been making white Keds?

28) Woven Necklaces
I don't own one of these either, but if you check out my Pinterest page, I have the bracelet version down as a DIY I would love to tackle. Pretty sure I can add the necklace to list DIY list as well.

29) Bright Crossbody-Bag
I blogged about this earlier in the spring. A neon crossbody-bag would be a fun accessory to add. Target has some darling versions out now!

30) Printed Scarf
I wear mine all the time! Just a perfect piece for any look. It adds color or just completes the outfit. Everyone should have a printed scarf in the wardrobe.


 Well, that's it! The 30 Summer Essentials. How did you do? I think I'm looking pretty good as far as summer is concerned. However, that doesn't mean I won't be shopping. That would be absurd!

Happy Summer!!

*The winner of the Ann Taylor Giveaway has been notified via email!

1 comment:

Hyacinth Lea Monrou said...

Part 1 completely rock me...And now that I've read your Part 2. It made me completely speechless. Keep it up!