Friday, May 4, 2012

Eight Days A Week

We leave on Saturday for our trip to Chicago by way of St. Louis. Staying over night before heading into the Windy City for a week long stay, then back to St. Louis to finish out the week. I am so excited to get away and getting in some much needed family time! We have a loose agenda of visiting the Shed Aquarium, the Lincoln Park Zoo, Navy Pier and a Cubs game. For St. Louis, we are hoping to hit the zoo, Union Station and can't wait to visit the "new" Busch Stadium. Side note: one item on my bucket list is to visit all the major league ballparks. 

I have been making lists left and right for McKinley and myself. It is hard enough to pack me, but McKinley is a page alone. Okay, not an entire page, but he does have quiet the list! And, because we're driving, I'm trying to keep packing to a minimum. Joel and I are sharing a suitcase, YIKES, but I'm secretly hoping that McKinley has room in his for me to slip in a few more items!

With that being said, my packing needs to be tight! In looking at the temps, and the activities we have planned, I'm trying to utilize multiple pieces several times during the trip. And, I've really tried to limit my pre-vacation  shopping but I did get a few little things to take! Printed and colored denim are so big for spring/summer. My mom purchased a pair of cobalt blue denim for me at Easter and I got these printed jeans earlier in the week. I have plans to wear each pair twice with different tops and jackets. 

For these, I plan to pair an oatmeal sweater and tank or tee for one day and a cream sleeveless t-neck and denim jacket for another. 

Loft Printed Denim



For the two days of travel to St. Louis and then on to Chicago, I plan to literally wear the same thing two days in a row! I'm not going to sweat sitting in the car, right? And, why waste a cute outfit for a car ride? I plan to be super cute yet super casual! I'm planning to wear boyfriend jeans, a long sleeve tee, my military jacket in case its cool later in the evening and this darling scarf I got at Target a couple of week ago.  Plus, a scarf can add warmth when the temps are a little cooler as the 10 day forecast is currently indicating.

Multi-Stripe Scarf
With the cobalt jeans, I plan to pair this sweet navy cardigan. I love the look of a royal and navy together. And, with possibly my striped espadrilles, darling!

Textured Drop Shoulder Cardigan

My last item was the Levi's denim jacket I wore earlier in the week. A perfect layering piece that I plan to wear most of the trip! Everyone should have a denim jacket in their wardrobe.


When packing for vacation, what is your method? Do you make lists or pack on the fly? I'm the kind of gal that if I don't make a list I will for sure over pack. I over pack anyway, but at least this way, I have a better handle on my suitcase!

No comments: