Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Week in Review

This week I tackled four stylish female celebrities by recreating their looks directly from my closet. As I mentioned on Monday, I didn't purchase a single item to complete this task. I feel really good about the looks I pulled together! However, I have been told by several readers that I have entirely too many clothes if I was able to recreate all four of these looks. I beg to differ. If you look closely, you've seen every single one of these pieces since I started blogging and some on more than several occasions. I think because I have a closet heavy in staples, that allowed me to start with each concept and add accessories to finish them off. 

Take a look at some of the items I used this week and how I've styled them over the years.

Gwen Stefani:
The dress I wore a couple of times during my pregnancy. And that leather jacket! This was one of the best investment pieces I've made! 

      


 Gwyneth Paltrow:
You've seen the blazer twice week, back to back to be honest, and the dress has been styled several times as well. The booties have been worn once this season and will be a staple come winter.

 
Sarah Jessica Parker:
The jacket was worn with the Gwyneth sheath dress, and to be honest, I wear it more times than it's photographed. The scarf is a great accessory because animal print never goes out of style. And seen below that scarf is worn with that blazer!

 

Reese Witherspoon:
Let's be honest, you've seen every one of these pieces too many times to count. That jacket alone is worn all the time! Skinny jeans are a staple for me and that t-neck has been worn four times in less than a month!

    


Next week I continue to keep my theme month going, however I haven't quite decided on what to focus on. Any suggestion?




No comments: