Monday, December 12, 2011

Kick Off to the Holidays

T-Neck: French Connection via Rue La La; Pants: Talbots;
Shoes: Ann Taylor (gift); Necklace: Kate Spade via Gilt

Saturday night was the official kick off to the holiday season! We hosted our first holiday party of 2011 and to honor both our religions, we dubbed it "McKinley's First Holiday Party". We served both traditional Christmas and Jewish flare, however we weren't 100% kosher! We served brisket, latkes and plenty of gooey treats! And as always, we served up a signature cocktail, the Candy Cane Cocktail! A tradition that's been served for the past five years or so. Yummy goodness in a glass!
Okay, enough about the party, let's move on to the look! I've been wanting a pair of satin pants for several seasons now and finally found the perfect pair! I love the fit, a cigarette pant that's not too tight, and I love that their ankle length. Great for showing off "holiday" shoes! The necklace is what I based the whole look around. I wanted a neutral canvas to let it shine and I think that was definitely achieved!


Our first family holiday party!

 
A fun way to "do" your nails without the dry time and pricey manicure! Sally Hansen's Nail Effects are awesome!

 



2 comments:

Tina Morrison said...

My God I love those shoes! And you look super skinny!

Style My Way said...

Thanks so much for the sweet comment, but it's totally the pants!!!