Monday, December 5, 2011

Stylish Female Celebrity Week

I have decided to dedicate the month as December as "Theme Month". In keeping with the festive mood this time of year brings, I thought I would keep my blog light and festive as well. Last week I explored the world of faux fur as it existed in my closet and because I channeled Kourtney Kardashian at the end of last week, I thought I would keep that celebrity vibe going. 

I asked you as friends and readers to provide me with names of stylish female celebrities and boy did you! I had some excellent selections and the final decision was hard. I have chosen four looks from four different stylin' ladies and will re-create those looks from pieces in my wardrobe. I have not purchased a single piece to meet this task! And, that's how the final decisions were made. It didn't have to do with who I thought was more stylish, because they all are, but because I had similar pieces that I could work with daily. 

The top four ladies I've chosen to channel are: 1) Gwen Stefani, 2) Gwnyeth Paltrow, 3) Sarah Jessica Parker and 4) Reese Witherspoon. And, I chose four because I'm only working four days this week. (Friday is a vacation day which entails baking and cleaning. I'm not suggesting celebrities don't do either, but I will never shower and get dressed just to take a celebrity photo!) 

The ladies who were part of the equation, but didn't make the final cut are: 1) Diane Keaton, 2) Helen Mirren and 3) Anne Hathaway. Below are the looks I entertained.

Diane Keaton:
 

Helen Mirren:

Anne Hathaway:
I am super excited about this challenge and can't wait to show you what I've done. Keep in mind, no hair was colored, cut or styled to look like the celebrities listed above! I've already been approached by that this morning! 



Photo of Diane Keaton courtesy of NY Magazine.
Photo of Helen Mirren courtesy of US Weekly.
Photo of Anne Hathaway courtesy of Trendsurvivor.






No comments: