Thursday, July 9, 2015

Cocktail Confessions - Spiked Vanilla Iced Coffee

 I love a vanilla iced coffee and now I love them even more when spiked! Sure, I don't drink them first thing in the morning, but a little afternoon pick me up doesn't hurt, right? Or go the decaf route and have one after dinner on a hot summer night. Either way, they're delish! Read on for your little afternoon kick!

Here's what you'll need:
Brewed Coffee, Creamer of choice, Vanilla Simple Syrup, Kahlua
 

Fill your glass full of ice! I love using these little mason jars. Darling! Pour your brewed coffee into each glass. Fill as full as desired. 



Add the vanilla simple syrup. I made my own. Dissolve 1 cup of sugar in one cup of water over low heat. Cool. Once cool, add 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract. You can use a vanilla bean to make the syrup, but those are so expensive! And I love the maple color it created!


Add your creamer. I used half and half.


Stir. Isn't it pretty? If you want just the iced coffee, stop here! If you want it spiked, read on!


For the Kahlua, I poured a jigger full but only used half per glass. Of course you can use more or less. It gave it a nice warmth!


And there you have it! A spiked vanilla iced coffee!


It was a perfect end to an afternoon of running around! My mom and I discussed all the different ways to spike this little guy and the options are endless! I will be experimenting soon and will share them all here!

Cheers!

No comments: