Monday, December 9, 2013

Collegiate Sophistication


Cape: Ann Taylor (gift); T-Neck: Ann Taylor; Jeans: LOFT; Boots: Sole Society (c/o);
Scarf: Gift; Gloves: Target; Hat: Target; Shades: MARC by Marc Jacobs; 
Lip Color: NARS Shanghai Express

 Saturday was one was of those days that was filled to the brim! And, most of the activities were somewhat outside. It was a lot of in and out of the car, and on days like that, I can't stand to wear an actual coat. In lieu of a coat, I opted for a cape. Warm layers like a scarf, gloves, and fancy hat kept me warm comfortable all day! I mean, how can you truly stay warm when the temp is only 20! 

Honestly, I had this look planned in my head before we ever left the house. Saturday afternoon, MU played in the SEC Championship football game and I wanted to wear school colors, but I didn't want to look too collegiate. Because our colors are black and gold, you can obviously see I took care of black! Gold came in accents like the chain on the hat and the jewels I wore. I consider this collegiate sophistication! And, even though MU lost, I feel this is a winning look!




 The Cape: Before and After

http://akstylemyway.blogspot.com/2013/02/i-spy.html
 

 


What do you wear when the temps plunge and you spend the day in and out of the car? Do you still go all coat or by-pass it like me?

Happy Monday!


No comments: