Friday, December 6, 2013

Dream to Reality - New Brown Boots



I didn't realize how ancient my brown boots were until I saw them "on film" in yesterday's look! I've had them for years, but I think it might be time to retire them. They pointy toe shows their age in trend and the scuffs are beyond buffing. So I made it my personal goal yesterday to find the perfect brown replacement boot. Do you know how hard it is to find the right brown boot? Black boots are plentiful in their design, heel height, and length. In brown, I felt like I was limited in the actual color of brown. Turns out, cognac is the preferred choice of which I own four pairs....

While searching for the perfect brown boot, I found these amazing MICHAEL Michael Kors boots. And apparently, the entire boot loving nation loves them as well because they were completely sold out in my size. I was finally able to locate them at Dillard's, but I'm not quite ready to pull the trigger. What makes them perfect? The fact that they're flat. I don't own a flat brown boot, not chocolate brown, and the buttons that run up the side are such amazing detail! I'm thinking by winters end they will be mine!


These are the boots I ended up ordering and yes, the ones below are black. I wasn't able to download the brown version from the site in which I actually purchased them. (Thank you Zappos for the photo!) I got mine from Macy's. They were on super sale, and I was able to use a coupon, so I got an even more amazing deal. What makes these perfect? The brown is super rich, the toe and heel appear timeless, and I love the length. I'm planning to wear them with skirts, dresses, and over skinny jeans. Now, I just hope they fit!


 What makes a boot perfect for you? What criteria do you look for in a boot? My issue is that I love all boots. And I mean, all boots!

XOXO
Happy Friday!


No comments: