Tuesday, April 28, 2015

A Flair for the 70s

 Top: Anthropologie; Jeans: Seven for All Man Kind; Wedges: Anthropologie;
Handbag: MbyMJ; Necklaces: Rockbox/BaubleBar; 
Shades: Prada; Earrings/Bracelet: Rachel Marie Designs

The 1970s is one of my favorite eras in fashion. The bell bottoms, the wedges, the fringe, and the long, flowy hair. And because of all of those style elements, it has stood the test of time. We still find that jeans come in flair leg, wedges have been refined but are just as prevalent, and fringe is back with a vengeance! As they say, if it ain't broke...

I love a good flair leg. Hell, I'll take a bell-bottom any day and I have two different pairs in my closet. I've had these for about ten years and I still love them. Remember, because the leg is so dramatic, try to be a little more conservative on top. You don't need overly baggy pieces. A flowy top like this one works, but so does a cute crop top! And make sure that the length goes almost to the ground! There is nothing worse than seeing a bell-bottom that comes to the ankle! It will shorten the appearance of your leg and no one wants that!!

 

 
  
    

I definitely want to pair these jeans with my BB Dakota jacket or my leather perforated tank! Definitely a jean that I'm looking forward to styling all spring and summer long!


No comments: