Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Current, Classic, Trendy....

 Sweater: Ralph Lauren (similar/on sale); Top: Boden (on sale); Jeans: Loft (similar); 
Flats: J.Crew (fun option); Scarf: Piperlime (similar); Bangles: Gift/My Mom's; Shades: Prada

What is it about Monday's? I guess it's like The Bangles sang, "just another manic Monday." There was a lot going on in our house on Monday and I guess the same could be said about my look. We've got stripes, a multi-print scarf, and a cable knit sweater. And I love all of it! 

At first, I thought this look was a little matronly. Like I truly looked like a mom, my mom, just throwing on a sweater before leaving the house. But on second glance it's nothing like that! Skinny jeans keep it current, stripes keep it classic, mixed prints keep it trendy, and a nautical sweater simply replaces a bulky jacket. Add ballet flats, fun bangles, and a berry lip to round it all out!


 

The Top: Before and After
 
  
 

 Sweater: Ralph Lauren (similar/on sale); Top: Boden (on sale); Jeans: Loft (similar); 
Flats: J.Crew (fun option); Scarf: Piperlime (similar); Bangles: Gift/My Mom's; Shades: Prada

What do you do to try and combat the stereotypical mom look? Let's chat!

Stay current, Fashionista's!

As always, see something you want! Need it now! Shop the links!

No comments: