Friday, April 17, 2015

Friday Beauty - Some New Favs


I recently browsed the beauty aisles of Target looking for a few things for a trip we took last week. My initial search was for a waterproof mascara, something I don't ever wear, but needed. As you know, I'm not a fan of the Maybelline Great Lash, so I headed to Cover Girl to see what they had to offer. I decided to go with Lash Blast Volume. Based on the packaging, the "mascara formula and patent-pending brush are designed to max out each and every lash, leaving you with the ultimate big-lash look." That's what I'm looking for in a mascara so I decided to go for it. I loved it! It gave me a big lash, didn't clump, and went on with full coverage. Nothing like the Maybelline mascara. I loved it so much I bought the non-waterproof as well. It's my new daily mascara! 

Beauty Note: Because waterproof mascaras are just that, I find them hard to remove with makeup removers. This mascara wasn't any different. Because we were on the road, I used Neutrogena makeup remover towlettes. I bought the travel size packs since they lay flat! It took off some, but I still felt like I had a layer on my lashes.


Whenever I travel, I like to have nice nails. Clipped, filed, and with some sort of polish. I usually get a gel manicure. That indestructible mani is the best! However, I'm on a budget and I'm not allowing myself trips to the nail salon. I remembered seeing an ad or commercial for the new Sally Hansen Miracle Gel polish that states it works as well a gel mani without the light. I'm always game for trying new products, and since I needed a hefty polish, I gave it a go. I went with Birthday Suit, I wanted a more natural nail color, and the recommended top coat. I loved the color! It's a very pale peach and totally neutral. It lasted six days, claims to last 14, and it would have lasted long if I hadn't decided to go for a different shade! I'm obsessed! I bought Pink Tank and Blacky O. I'm currently wearing Pink Tank and it's so cheerful! (Check Instagram later for look at the polish!)

Beauty Note: When applying Birthday Suit, I needed three coats to achieve the color I wanted. Apply more or less for the color you desire. Also, I would recommend buying the Step Two Top Coat. It's intended to go with the polish to give you that gel mani look.


I am so happy with my new drugstore finds! I'm psyched about my new mascara! I've been on the hunt for a few months, and I think I've found the one. The new "gel" mani is great! My tiny investment in a few colors, and one top coat, will last me all spring and summer. I will probably add a color here and there, but it's so much more economical than a visit to the salon.

Any new products that you're currently using and loving? Share them with us! I'm always looking for something new and reader recommendations are the best! 

Happy Friday, Beauties!

No comments: