Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Styling Shorts - Must Have Pieces

Top: Anthropologie (similar); Shorts: Ann Taylor (similar); Heels: Jimmy Choo;
Handbag: Kate Spade (similar); Shades: Prada; Necklace: BaublesbyAndrea (coming soon);
Bracelet: Banana Republic (old); Lip Color: Mary Kay Mystic Plum (c/o People Style Watch)

Yesterday I met with a dear friend of the family for a styling session and we had a ball! I wanted to look professional and pulled together, yet stay summery and chic. I purchased these shorts last season, but really struggled with how to style them. Then, while lying in bed and working out my ensemble in my head, I immediately thought of this top. It's probably one of my favorite summer pieces! 

I love how the top simply skims over the shorts. It creates a slimming effect. And because these shorts are on the dressier side, they called for heels. Nothing sets off a slimmer leg than nude heels. The top and heels are the key pieces in making this look come together.



 The Top: Before and After

http://akstylemyway.blogspot.com/2013/10/work-day-shorts.html
 

What do you think of heels with shorts? I am in love with this look and can't wait to wear it out for dinner or happy hour! Drinks anyone? 

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Loving your striped shorts! They are perfect for summer.