Monday, June 16, 2014

Abstract Sunflower

 Top: Piperlime (similar/on sale); Tank: LOFT; Skirt: Tibi via Gilt; Heels: Jimmy Choo (similar);
Handbag: Balenciaga (similar); Bracelets: J.Crew 1/(similar); Rings: Gorjana via Gilt;
Shades: Tom Ford
  
Last week I attended my first KCBlogger Meetup and I had so much fun! The event was held at the Amigoni Urban Winery in the West Bottoms and the space was amazing. I can't wait to share all the details with you later in the week! Because it was such a special event, I wanted to create the perfect look.

When this Tibi skirt first reared it's head on Gilt a couple of months ago, my size was immediately sold out, so I added it to my waitlist. Thinking it would never get returned, I had all but forgotten about it. That is, until I received a notification that it was available. It was a no brainer. I had to get it. But once it was time to style it, I was stumped. Thank goodness for this lace top from Joie. It has been one of the best investments. I feel like I've been saying that a lot about several pieces in my closet, but when you find pieces that work, you wear them. Over, and over, and over....



Worn un-tucked, this top was way to boxy, but once I tucked it in, it changed everything! I love it! Because the skirt is such a powerful design, all other elements needed to be simple. Gold jewels, black patten leather pumps, and over-sized shades completely the look.




It was so great meeting other bloggers, chatting about their passions, sharing ideas, and meeting new friends. I can't wait for the next meetup to see the gals again and to get inspired all over again.

A special thank you to Caitlin over at Gussied Up for taking this pics. I loved your encouragement during the shoot!

No comments: