Monday, January 6, 2014

Big Hair/Freezing Temps


Coat: J.Crew (old); Top: J.Crew; Dress: Nordstrom; Tights: We Love Colors;
Shoes: Steven by Steve Madden; Belt: ASOS; Shades: Tom Ford; Lip Color: MAC Dark Side;
Rings: Gorjana via Gilt; Bracelet: J.Crew (gift); Bag: Mark and Graham (gift)

We celebrated the birthday of a very dear friend over the holidays and knew I wanted to dress up a little. I had been living in boyfriend jeans and baggy sweaters, so it felt good to put on tights and a cute dress, even though it was freezing that day! 

The top was new for Christmas and I love the little hearts! The look needed a little something and that's where the belt came into play. As my mom said, it kept it from looking like just a black dress. That's exactly what I was going for. I love the new clutch, also a Christmas gift. It smells of that new leather smell! It's red, my favorite color, and the soft gray monogram is so subtle. A perfect piece to round out this stylish birthday look!  


 

Could my hair be any bigger? That's what happens when I simply blow dry with a round brush!



 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrea! I just wanted to comment on all of your leather pics. I love to wear leather myself. I love your black leather dress. You look WONDERFUL!! I think it would look great with tall boots and a long leather coat and gloves.....either way...you look amazing!!:)