Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Wow, What a Year!


I can't believe it has already been a year since McKinley Edward Krasnow was born. And what a year it has been! I'm not sure I can put it in words, but what I can say is that McKinley has been a true blessing in my life! His smile warms my heart, his laugh is a ray of sunshine and his personality is incredibly infectious! While pregnant with him, as I didn't know what we were having, I secretly thought I wanted a girl. You know, being a girl, what was I going to do with a baby boy.... Boy, was I wrong! This little guy, outside of my husband, has completely changed my life and is truly the love of my life. (Again, outside of husband!) McKinley will never know how much his mother loves him, although I tell him multiple times a day!

Recent Highlights:

1) He finally started say Mama and he knows who I am!! And, he doesn't just say it when he's mad or tired.

2)  He can sing the "E I " part of Old McDonald but no "O" yet. It's simply "e i e i e i". So sweet!

3) We finally found a sippy cup that works and he loves drinking water out of a Starbucks cup with a straw! Sippy cup is a straw as well. Like mother like son!

4)  He walks with the support of one index finger, but when you let that finger go, he sits down and crawls off.

5) He can tell you that a car goes "vroom", that a dog says "bow wow" and he can show with his index finger that he's one. He's a sheer genius!!

I can't imagine what the next year will bring as this year has been one of complete and utter joy. But, if this next year is anything like the first, my heart will be full and my life complete! I love you my sweet, baby boy! 

No comments: