Wednesday, April 18, 2012

What Constitutes Style?

I've been doing a lot of thinking around my blog lately. What can I do differently to make myself stand out from other "fashion" bloggers? How is my style different than most? What can I do in terms of elevating or modifying my personal style to enhance my daily look? Then I started asking myself, what constitutes style? And, does anyone really care about mine? 

Do you readers keep coming back because I take a daily photo of myself and how I try to dressy stylishly on a daily basis? Probably not. Do you keep coming back because I keep posted on new trends in fashion? Maybe. Do you keep reading because I provide my favorites when it comes to cosmetics and other makeup tips? Could be. But, what would truly keep you coming back daily and telling your friends about my blog so that they too keep coming back?

Since I don't really know the answers to any of those questions, I have decided to ask just one: What constitutes style? Does it have to be the clothing you wear, the bag you carry or the shoes you collect? No! Style can be how you live your life everyday, and though I'm no guru, I definitely try to apply this theory. For example, I love to throw parties! And, I'm no party planner, however I do try to add little details to each soiree I host.

For instance, adding fun plates and festive napkins in place of plain white. Serving a signature cocktail that ties in with the theme of the party. And, serving said drink in a fun cup or glass. Desserts get a little sweeter when given a little face lift. And, I always give a party favor to all my guests at the end of the evening. It's my way of saying thank you and hoping they leave feeling special!

Witch Cake
 
Cakepops, Cupcakes and Homemade Mints
Bride and Groom Cake Pops - A Gift to the Bride




Bride Cake - Also a Gift to the Bride

Candy Corn Cocktail













Vampire Kiss Cocktail


 You can be stylish by dressing up your kitchen table with fresh flowers, a small arrangement of glass vases or candles that line the center. Or, add fun place mates and napkins. Sure, they might get a little messy from little hands and food mishaps, but that's what your washing machine is for, right? Had your dishes for a while? It's okay to look at replacing them with something fun in design. So many new home stores are cropping up and some at super discounted prices. 

So many aspect of your life should be or feel stylish. Make little adjustments here and there. For instance, we just updated our kitchen, which yes can be pricey. However, in addition to the updates, I made a subtle change that only I thought I would see. Not so! At a most recent gathering, a friend commented on how they loved the new dishes displayed in my cabinets. I loved that someone noticed a change in detail! 

Before
Before


After
After

After

















So with that, Style My Way readers, look for a few changes to come your way. I hope you continue to come back daily or weekly. I hope you continue to find my voice on style to be relevant. And most importantly, I hope you find your style!

No comments: