Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Style Icons


What is a style icon? In my personal definition, a style icon is someone who stands the test of time as fashion evolves decade after decade. They are the person you turn to when compiling your own wardrobe or putting that "it" look together. You can have one or ten, but for me, I currently have only two. Let me rephrase that. I have a cagillion, but when I look at today's celebrity fashion icons, I have two. I feel that I have many facets to my style profile and these ladies help me put it all together!

Jennifer Aniston:
I adore Jennifer and her personal style. From the red carpet to her daily casual looks, she is always pulled together and simply polished. Some of her style staples include jeans, Pashmina scarfs, blazers, a basic tee and her signature beach waves. Her red carpet style is an LBD; fitted and super sophisticated.



 How I've worn Jennifer's look:

 



 Rachel Zoe:
As you all I know I want to be Rachel Zoe when I grow up! To be a successful stylist would be plenty, but to also have my own line of clothing would be amazing! Rachel is known for Boho chic that teeters between the 60s and 70s. Flared legs, fur jackets and vests, sequins, super high heels and statement jewelry complete her look. 



How I've worn Rachel's look:




 
And who can forget when the Krasnows went as Rachel, Roger and Skyler for Halloween!

 
In looking back over my wardrobe choices, it appears I relate more with Rachel than Jennifer. While Jennifer's laid back approach to fashion is something to be mimicked, I can identify with the ease of Rachel's style. Again, she mixes two eras that I adore, pieces that I seem to have readily available and an esthetic that I can relate to as a mother and a fashionista in training! 

Who are your current, or past, style icons?  


Photos of Jennifer courtesy of Blog 4 Style Fashion. 
Photos of Jennifer courtesy of Rose a la Mode.
Photos of Rachel Zoe courtesy of Style Du Jour by Mimi

No comments: