Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Why I Love Kate Spade

I have always been a fan of Kate Spade especially her handbags. I would even go so far as to say I’m a collector, since I have quite a few. In fact, my wedding gift from my husband was a red leather handbag with a cream K molded into the leather. Pretty fitting since my last name now begins with a K! I met her at a local event held here in Kansas City for the Amy Thompson organization. From that event, I now own a darling brown and tan, snakeskin clutch that was signed by Kate herself.


When she started her line of shoes, I was in heaven! The first pair I purchased was a black tweed pump with tiny silver threads running through the fabric. They are closed toe with a puff, white fur ball on the toe. DARLING! As a shoe collector, I own several pairs now; one being an incredible pair my mom got me last year for Christmas. They are leopard print with red patent at the toe, heal and ankle strap. I wore them with a camel suit and the pop of color was perfect.


She has now branched into jewelry and clothing and I couldn’t be happier. Her line of jewelry is luxe but affordable. Large bobbles, plenty of crystals, fun designs and you can make them dressy or casual. I bought my first piece last week. I needed a fun cocktail ring for a wedding I was attending and I have decided I will wear it with jeans for a casual evening out or to work for a punch of fun. Check out the line. I love to internet shop. It’s the new window shopping!




As for the line of clothing, I love her use of color, fabrics and overall aesthetic. There is a hint of 60s in the design, which I love, and it’s so feminine. Ruffled collars on blouses, swing coats with rolled collars, pencil skirts in tweed, shift dresses and lady like cardigans. You feel Jackie Kennedy. I love the bumble bee blouse my mom purchased for me recently. The bees are darling and the attention to detail is superb. There are actually dotted lines that trail behind some of the bees. The ruffled collar is so girly and it’s all you need in the accessories department. I paired mine with her cotton cardigan with ruffled sleeves and amber colored buttons with camel pants from Ann Taylor Loft. The top is a little blousy, to allow for a future baby bump, so I toned down the volume with a small black belt. I really like how it all came together.






On my wish list is a Kate Spade diaper bag. It’s one of many that made the cut as far as designers are concerned. It’s a little decadent but then again that’s just who I am! It’s going to be on my arm for quite some time and will replace my every day handbag. If I carry designer on a daily basis now, why should that change in six months? I will keep you posted on the outcome!


How do you feel about Kate Spade? Would you carry one of her bags given the chance or sport a piece of jewelry? If you are in the market for something, I have had luck at Nordstrom and Halls here in Kansas City. I rarely order off of her website but would if I couldn’t find what I was looking for in person. Her site also includes paper goods, home products and eye wear.  They have a great site come the holidays. Fun gift ideas that won’t drain your wallet, including ornaments! You won’t be disappointed.

No comments: