Monday, October 25, 2010

Celebrity Baubles

It seems like everyone is getting into the designing game and that includes celebrities. Heidi Klum started a line of maternity clothing for Motherhood, of which I just invested in a pair of gray jeans. Rachel Zoe is designing clothing and accessories for QVC and I love her line of faux fur vests and coats. And Jessica Simpson has found major success in clothing, shoes, handbags and jewelry of which I own several pieces!


Though I own several pieces of clothing by celebrity designers, I seem to be investing in jewelry as of late. The Tori Spelling Collection premiered on HSN back in 2007 and the collection featured only 12 pieces. Today she offers over 40. It runs the gamut of every day to dressy cocktail. Most of the pieces I’ve purchased lean more toward every day, however, I recently purchased a cluster necklace of black, clear and gray stones that will be perfect for the holidays. 







Nicole Ritchie began House of Harlow 1960 and premiered at Kitson’s online boutique in 2008. Today, she is featured on several popular websites, including the ever stylish Piperlime. Last year, during a Live with Regis and Kelly segment, Kelly Ripa gave several ideas for stocking stuffers. One happened to be a Peacock Cocktail ring that I fell in love with. I don’t wear it often, but when I do, it’s the only piece I need. Because it makes such a statement, I love pairing it with jeans and a simple black sweater.




Last, but not least, Kristian Alfonso, Hope on Days of Our Lives, started Hope Faith Miracles in 2006 based on pieces she had designed in Italy for herself. It all began with the Fleur de lis and from there, the collection has grown. I made my first purchase last year at the annual Kansas City Junior League Holiday Mart and actually met Kristian who was working the event. I purchased her signature Fleu de lis drop earrings and matching silver band. Each piece is delicate but makes a statement. Made of sterling silver and cubic zirconia, they are great with jeans for every day but look great for cocktail parties as well. 


No matter what your jewelry style might be, there is something for everyone with these three designers. All of them are tried and true so you have my guarantee. Check them out for yourself, and if you make a purchase, let me know. I love to see what others are into as well!


 

No comments: