Friday, July 30, 2010

Three Hollywood Celebrities I Consider My Muse

I am a celebrity fashion addict. I love to watch red carpet events before every major award show, I watch Fashion Police on E! the following night, I read people.com, eonline.com and, as I’ve stated before, I subscribe to four major fashion magazines. I can’t get enough! I love to see the newest trends, the luxe labels, the amazing shoes; all of which helps me when shopping or putting together outfits.


My all time favorite is Jennifer Aniston. She has such a classic style. I love how she throws on a pair of dark jeans, a white t-shirt, a Pashmina scarf, classic heels and still looks the girl next door. Her red carpet style is as easy and sophisticated as her everyday look. She is elegant yet edgy, always on trend and oozes confidence. Some of my favorites are the red Prada dress she wore at the 2000 Emmy Awards, the Burberry pant suit worn to the He’s Just Not That Into You premier and the blush Donna Karan worn to the premier of The Bounty Hunter. What I love about her, is that she appears to be the kind of woman who could sit down with you, share a bottle of wine and talk about everything under the sun. I’m pretty sure we could be best friends!


I love Sarah Jessica Parker. For red carpet appearance, she’s not afraid to try anything and everything! I could never pull any of it off, but she does and with amazing self-assurance. She makes you stop and take note of amazing details, of which I consider works of art. For instance, the pink Chanel gown she wore to the 2003 Emmy’s. The dress looked as though it were made of spun, pink sugar. The Dior Couture gown she wore to the 2009 Oscars, though ill fitted, had an art-deco feel to the bodice that traveled past the waist line. Even the Alexander McQueen dress and Philip Treacy hat she wore to the Sex and the City movie premier had everyone taking note. Her everyday style is so New York chic. More often than not she’s seen in jeans, great jackets, scarves, boots, and always with a great handbag. I would love to raid her wardrobe when, and if, she ever cleans out her closet!


Anne Hathaway is stunning! Her natural beauty radiates and I adore her sense of style. She’s effortless chic, something I strive for, yet glamorous when needed. Her everyday style runs the gamut. She sports dresses, skirts, jeans, sweaters, blazers, you name it. Her makeup and jewelry is always modest and fits her style perfectly. Her red carpet appearances are amazing. The white, Grecian Azarro dress she wore to the 2009 SAG awards was gorgeous. The Atelier Versace gown she wore to the 2008 Venice Film Festival was another work of art. And I love the Oscar de la Rent cocktail dress she wore to the 2009 Tony Awards. I can’t wait to she what she will wear to the next red carpet event.


There are so many new fashionistas on the rise. Blake Lively, Rachel Bilson, Ashley Greene, Vanessa Hudgens and Whitney Port just to name a few. Keep your eye on them. They’re youthful, trendy, a little edgy and taking the red carpet by storm.


Do you draw your inspiration from Hollywood? If so, who would you consider your muse? 

No comments: