Tuesday, April 29, 2014

It's a Party

Jacket: Wrangler (my mom's); Top: LOFT (similar); Skirt: ASOS; Heels: Ann Taylor (similar);
Bracelets: J.Crew (on sale)/Ralph Lauren; Belt: Ann Taylor; Lip Color: Clinique Drama Red 

 Last Thursday was technically my last day of work for a while and my team threw me a little farewell get-together. Since it was a party, I threw on my most festive party skirt! The look felt a little 1950s, with my Peter Pan collared top, so I added my denim jacket to help bring it into modern day. 

I am in love with these midi skirts. So much so that I'm adding a little DIY to my list of things to do, and making one of my own is on the list. I'm inspired by this version and hope to find some similar fabric. Can't wait to get started. Stay tuned for all the DIY projects I have in store.




The Skirt: Before and After

http://akstylemyway.blogspot.com/2014/03/sweatshirt-old-navy-similar-button-down.html


 I'm really excited for the future! I look at this change as the next chapter of my life and I can't wait to start writing it. I hope you stay with me on the journey!

No comments: