Friday, March 11, 2016

Friday Beauty - Pretty in Pinks

It's been a while since I've blogged about anything beauty. To be perfectly honest, I haven't really done anything super beautiful around here lately. I rarely wear makeup anymore, I hardly get the chance to paint my nails, and I only wear lipstick when taking blog photos. I'm a fraud. A sham. But I've never claimed to be a beauty expert. I just simply blog about the things I've tried, dislike, and truly love.

So when I opened the recent Sandra Lee magazine, a magazine I purchase monthly, and saw their Blooming Beauty spread, I was inspired! It's all about pretty little pink cosmetics to try and I want to try them all! Then it got me thinking about the pinks that I use often in the spring and summer, so I created a little college of all things pink! Read on....


I love MAC lipsticks and one of my favorite spring colors is Girl About Town (upper left corner). It's actually the first bright pink I ever purchased and I never looked back! And if I'm wearing it on my lips, I should probably wear it on my nails! Girl About Town comes in a nail lacquer and I'm so excited!! But I'm loving Show Orchid (bottom right corner) that was featured in Sandra Lee. It verges on purple, but it's simply lovely! Lastly, I really want to try their Playland Casual Colour in Young At Heart. It's a lip and cheek color in one, which is definitely a must-have for your handbag cosmetics! Nothing like a multipurpose touch up in a cute little tub!

When I get to polish my nails, I gravitate toward pinks for spring. Essie is a go-to and Cascade Cool is new for spring (bottom left corner), one I love wearing for a subtle hint of color. For a big pop of color, I'm loving the new Love Sheen from their Silk Watercolors collection (upper right corner). 

I'm a huge Clinique fan. As you all know, I swear by their 3-Step cleansing program and I frequently wear their cosmetics. They now have a cheek contouring palette that I would love to play with. I'm not sure how to contour, so I'm thinking I need a tutorial, and I'm totally up for the challenge. And those cute little pods are dual-sided lip treats that have a sugar-smoothing scrub on one side and a tinted moisturizing balm on the other. And the Pink Framboise is gorgeous!

Actually, all these shades of pink are gorgeous and there is no way you won't be pretty in pink. Side note: Did you know that this year is the 30th anniversary of Pretty in Pink? One of the best 80s movies, in my opinion, and who didn't love Duckie Dale!?! 

Okay, I digress. Are any of these hues going to be on your spring and summer makeup radar? I know they are on mine! Seriously, I can't wait to test out some of these products and report back. It's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it right?

Happy Friday, Beauties!

No comments: