Thursday, March 10, 2016

All the Light...

Dress: Macy's (under $40); Belt Banana Republic (cute option); Booties: Vince Camuto
Jewels: Stella & Dot
 
 Last Sunday I hosted book club with my mom and it was so nice getting the girls together again. However, I didn't finish the book. Anyone out there read All the Light We Cannot See? Well, I tried. I really tried. I started the book in January and by late February, I was only on page 50. I just couldn't into it. Then, it just seemed to take off around page 100, but it was too late for me to try and finish. Since I was hosting at my house, cleaning was top priority, and when I say cleaning, I mean I cleaned for three days!! I did a lot of extra things, spring cleaning things, because it was time. As for the book, I'm still 1/3 of the way through. I enjoyed the discussion though. And I'm ready to tackle the next book.

It was a gorgeous spring day. I opened the kitchen windows to let a breeze blow through and went bare legged for the first time this year! Yes, I need a little color, but it's March. I know I'm not the only winter pasty girl out there! And it felt good to wear a cute dress. And the booties! I've been dying to wear them since December and finally got my chance. I've actually worn them several times this week and I know spring and summer will find me in them as well. The best neutral, a perfect heel height for dates with McKinley, and so comfortable. A definite shoe score!





Have you dared to go bare yet? Next week it's supposed to be close to 80 around here. And it's Spring Break. I'm not sure I will wear shorts just yet, but I am loving the idea of cute spring dresses. I adore this time of year!!

No comments: