Friday, January 16, 2015

Friday Beauty - Biore Strips


As I continue my quest for healthy skin, I remembered one of my favorite products that I used to use all the time, Biore strips! Have you ever used them? If so, aren't they great! If not, keep reading. I'm going to give you the ends and outs of these awesome cleansing strips.

I'm not sure how long ago I started using them, in college I'm sure, and I'm not quite sure why I stopped. They are the best pore cleanser I've ever used! Have you ever noticed that even after all the cleansing, toner, and facial scrubs your pores still seem clogged? That there are small blackheads that seem larger than life although no one else can probably see them? Then it's time to start using Biore! 

When I told my mom that I was going to blog about my Biore use, she asked me if I was going to show pictures and everything, and I responded yes. It's a beauty post after all. She asked, "Isn't that kind of gross?" Not really, but I guess it could be. If you think it's gross, stop reading. If not, keep going.


Use your nose strip after you wash your face. I used mine right out of the shower. It takes roughly 10 minutes to get the best results, so I took the time to get dressed while the strip was doing it's thing. But I must warn you, the photos below will show you the real me first thing in the morning. And when I say first thing in the morning, I mean 9:00 on a Thursday morning after taking McKinley to preschool. And, after I've had coffee. But it's still morning.

So here's your little strip. It doesn't look like much, but it's pretty powerful. Dampen your nose. Don't douse it in water, just get it a little wet. Peel off the back of the strip and apply to the nose. Like I said, it takes about 10 minutes. The strip will dry out, feeling a little like paper mache, and you're going to want to remove it. Don't!  


Here I am with my Biore strip! I told you you would see the natural me! I'm fresh from the shower, with no makeup, hair air drying, and my bathrobe! Oh, and a giant chin zit!
 

And here's my nose strip afterward. Clean as a whistle! I couldn't zoom in enough for you to get an actual look at the results, but let me assure you, it was pretty clean. You will find flecks of dirt throughout the strip and that's a good thing! It means it did its job! Honestly, the easiest way to cleanse your pores!  


Biore also offers face strips for use on your chin, forehead or cheek. I've only used it on my chin and it works the exact same way. And again, you get results in 10 minutes! This little box was under $10 and I will probably use another strip in about a month.

What do you think? Are you going to give them a try? I love them and I honestly feel like my pores are so much cleaner afterward! I love a good drugstore find! A $10 investment that will last for over a year is my kind of beauty find!

Happy Friday, Beauties! Have a fabulous weekend!

No comments: